We consider diversity to mean celebrating difference and valuing everyone. Each person is an individual with visible and non-visible differences and by respecting this, everyone can feel valued for their contributions which is beneficial not only for the individual but for Malt Accountants too.
We acknowledge that equality and diversity are not inter-changeable but inter-dependent. There can be no equality of opportunity if difference is not valued and harnessed.
Every individual or organisation that engages in any working relationship with Malt Accountants will be entitled to a working relationship that promotes dignity, equality and respect for all. Malt Accountants do not and will not tolerate any acts of unlawful or unfair discrimination (including harassment) committed due to any individual’s:
- Gender reassignment
- Marriage and civil partnership
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Race (including ethnic origin, colour, nationality and national origin)
- Sexual orientation
- Religion and or belief
To underscore our commitment to inclusion and diversity, Malt Accountants is committed to the principles and practices of equal opportunities in the delivery of our services. This will be reflected in:
- Providing equality of opportunity to all in every environment we operate
- Collaborating with partners, suppliers and clients to create equitable and inclusive environments as part of our services
- Our legal obligation not to discriminate against any person, we will address any form of discrimination that occurs within our organisation under the Equality Act 2010
- Providing transparent information relating to all our policies
- Treating those engaged with Malt Accountants fairly and with respect
- Our committed to ensuring all Directors and staff understand the principles of equality and inclusion and receive appropriate awareness training
The rights and obligations set out in this statement apply equally to all directors, employees, partners, suppliers, clients, on all working agreements formally or informally.